Monday, January 11, 2010

Amelia's 2010 Reading List

I told Joshua last night that one of my new years goals was to have a reading list....His response was "Make it attainable." He knows me well! I haven't had a chance to ask him is he has any goals for this year. My guess is that since he is starting the PhD program, he will not have an extensive reading list. My guess is that it will be his goal to read one book that is not for school reading. But since this is his first semester as a PhD student we have yet to find out what his reading load will be like.

Anyway, in no particular order here is my reading list. I asked for suggestions from facebook friends and got some good ideas. I decided that I needed to put some books on here that I have wanted to read for a while or ones that I have started and then stopped. And we have about 5 books shelves so figured that I had plenty to choose from that we already had!

1. What is Art? by Leo Tolstoy
2. Eugenics and Other Evils by G.K. Chesterton
3. A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
4. Pleasing People by Lou Priolo
5. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
6. The Courage to Be Protestant by David F. Wells
7. A Help to Domestic Happiness by John Angell James
8. In My Place Condemned He Stood by J. I. Packer, Mark Dever, J. Ligon Duncan, and C. J. Mahaney
9. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
10. Marriage and Family in the Middle Ages by Frances and Joseph Gies

So there it is!

On a different note. I am way behind the times but I figured out today how to put podcasts on my MP3 player and now can listen to those as I run! I have a sermon by John Piper, a Cartalk episode, and Radio Lab episode ready to listen to!

No comments: