Thursday, June 17, 2010

Daniel Update

This summer is going to be a busy fun one! Daniel is walking around and loving to explore. It's been great fun to have him toddling around the backyard and parking lot of our apartment complex. Everything is new to him and it's so fun to see him learn things about his world. It amazes me how he knows things that I don't even think that I have taught him. Like, the other day we were out in the parking lot and he picked up a pine cone and held it up above his head and pointed with the other hand to the trees. I don't remember ever telling him that the pine cones come from the pine tree, but he picked it up somewhere.

What is it about dirt that is so exciting for little kids? He loves to just play in it! And eat it!

His favorite word is "UP" right now. He repeats "UP" over and over as he is going up the stairs. He comes to me and holds his hand up and says "UP." He wants to go "UP" on the bed. He wants to go "UP" on the grass from down in our patio area. He says "UP" when he's going down the stairs!

With Daniel's new ability to walk has has really come to enjoy the park. So we are finding out about different parks in the area. Daniel has learned how to go down the slide on his tummy. And he thoroughly enjoys walking back and forth over the bridges on the jungle gym. There are a few parks that have water spouts, which is fantastic because it has been getting quite hot.

Daniel has gone strawberry picking...of which he was a fan!


Today he experienced blueberry picking...his favorite part is sampling them....by the fistfuls.


We will get to see family off and on throughout the summer and of course Daniel is the highlight for everyone that we go see!

Joshua and I have decided to start bringing Daniel up to the first part of the Sunday morning worship. We have noticed that he does not know how to sit still very well. So we decided that since he likes music, and the part of the service before the sermon is mostly singing, that we would start helping him learn how to sit quietly. We have books for him to look at and I think we have a long road ahead of us! We've done this for two weeks, so I know that I shouldn't expect much but I just need to keep that in perspective! I have started making a quiet book for him to look at during this time. I have had a great time making it!

*My next post I am working on is going to show the progress that I have been making on a quiet book for Daniel.

No comments: