Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dad's Blueberry Crisp

When we lived in Utah my parents were friends with Bill and Sarah Robertson. I have a distinct memory of a time we went over to their apartment, they were like second parents to my brother and me--I recall they watched us when my parents would go out of town. Anyway, I remember this time when we went over to their apartment because my dad created on accident the most amazing blueberry crisp I have ever had! The way I remember it was that he was starting to make cookies--Sand Tarts--which are a Pennsylvania traditional cookie(I'll have to put that recipe on here sometime!) Well he forgot to put the eggs in until it was too late to mix them in, so he decided to use it as a topper for blueberries and bake it. WOW!!! Taste bud delight!! So here is the accidental dessert. Note that it's super easy!

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup flour
4-5 cups frozen or fresh blueberries

Cream the sugar and butter together. Mix in the flour. You want it to be crumbly. Put the blueberries into a baking dish, spread the covering over it and bake at 350 degrees until the crust starts to get golden brown. It's really good warm or cold. Ice cream is a great addition but not necessary!

Here's a picture to wet your appetite!

2 comments:

Dan said...

I don't remember any of this. I do remember making the blueberry crisp.

Mia said...

That's ok, you don't remember most things like that!