Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Is Here

Spring in Kentucky is the most beautiful of all springs I have ever seen. I was sitting outside the other day and reading Psalm 104, which is one of my absolute favorite Psalms. Right as I was reading verse 12 a bunch of birds started singing! This verse says, "Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; They lift up their voices among the branches." I am amazed at all the things God has made! The beauty of the earth speaks so much of His creativity and His kindness. Here are some of the beautiful things that God has seen fit to surround us with.







Joshua and I were notcing how green everything seems here. Compared to Oklahoma, the grass seems like a thick bed of lushness! And I don't think I have seen so many different dogwood trees before. And then there are the trees that have tiny purple flowers on them...I don't know what they are but they are vibrant! Not only are the colors of spring fantastic, the smells are amazing! Joshua makes fun of me for saying something smells pretty. But it's so true! The grass and the flowers smell so pretty. And all of this is so astonishing to me becuase it's amazing that God would allow us to enjoy so many good things!

3 comments:

inquisitiveliz said...

well it was about time you updated! that's awesome how the birds started singing when you started reading that verse! isn't God just fun sometimes?? how's work? tell joshua hi. jordan just shot a sunk in the chicken house. yuck!
i love you, friend!

Unknown said...

I love this pic of the chapel through the flowers. You are so talented my dear friend. Someday you're going to email me pictures from a far and distant land and I'm going to enter them into a polaroid contest and win you thousands of dollars of which you will use to feed your 6 hungry girls and shoe your 7 barefooted boys.

Mia said...

trish you are too funny!