Monday, March 03, 2008

Spiffy Granola

I am a big fan of granola. In fact my all time fav granola is Strawberries'n'Cream. But it is super expensive and a treat if I get to eat it! So I decided to try my hand at making granola(because you get more bang for your buck). I found a recipe on AllRecipes but I changed it around a little bit and here's the mucho good homemade granola.

Ingredients:
6 Cups whole, rolled oats
1 cup chopped alomnds(or nut you prefer)
1 cup chopped dried cherries(or fruit you prefer)
1 cup unpacked brown sugar
2-3 TBSP honey
3 TBSP butter
Dash of cinnamon(optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On the stovetop, melt the butter in a pan large enough to hold all of the oats. Add the sugar and honey once the butter is melted. Cook, stirring until the mixture is bubbly. Add all of the oats and stir until all coated. Spread the oats on a cookie sheet(might take two cookie sheets). Sprinkle cinnamon on oats. Turn off the oven and put the cookie sheets on oven racks. Close oven door. Check on mixture about 30 minutes later and turn if needed to get the granola all crunchy. Once oven has completely cooled pour oats, nuts, and dried fruit into a large ziplock bag. Shake it up to mix all the contents. Eat and enjoy!

No comments: