Saturday, January 26, 2008

Car Talk and Saturdays

Car Talk on NPR is quite the informative and funny
radio show. Who would know that Joshu and I would
have so many memories assocaited with the program!

Every time I listen to Car Talk there are some fond
memories that pop up in my mind. It was fun to talk
about the memories that we have that are realted to
car talk! I have fond memories of going with my dad
on Saturday mornings to Home Depot or just other
places running errands and while we were out we would
listen to Car Talk! My brother would sometimes be
along and we would make a quick stop at the Hostess
store(which was a treat!) and get day old pastries!
Listening to Car Talk also brings memories of when my
brother and I had a paper route, and on Saturdays the
papers were about twice as heavy, so my dad would
drive us in our van to deliver the papers. We would
try to deliver the papers quickly and get back to the
car in time to hear the puzzler!

I shared these memories with Joshua and asked if he
had any memories that come up with listening to Car
Talk! He said that he did! He always thinks of how
he would listen to it with his dad when they were on
thier way to basketball games on saturdays while
Joshua was in highschool.

It makes me laugh that a radio show like Car Talk
would have fond memories connected with it, but I
think that I will always look back on the time that I
got to spend with my dad and brother as very special.
Car Talk will remind me of those times!

No comments: